No commit or new version this week as anticipated, but a lot of work has been done ! Without spoiling you about the big feature I’m still working on, this is a - rather incomplete - list of what was done since the last “A week of dev”.
List of upcoming changes
- I have rewritten most of the controllers to make use of models policies and FormRequests when appropriate
- This greatly enhance security
- It relieves the controllers from doing these checks
- Code is lighter, better to read, better to expand
- I optimized all the SQL queries to load folders, documents and feed items
- Fixed a bug preventing to update a folder, including expanding/collapsing.
- Whole branch is automatically expanded when selected folder is within collapsed branch after a page load, so a selected folder is always visible.
- It is now possible to toggle expand or collapse a folder’s branch (including root) by long-clicking its toggle icon. Regular click expands or collapses the folder itself but not children.
- When loading the tree, selected folder is placed in the middle of the screen instead of top (same applies to selected document and selected feed item).
- Fixed document and folder moving.
- Fixed unread feed items folder icon color.
- Long URL in the details panel breaks in new line.
- Selecting folder occurs on the mousedown event instead of click, improving responsiveness of documents and feeds load
- Fixed wrong unread items count after deleting a folder or a document
- Document details are loaded once the document appears in the preview panel
- This greatly speed up loading of documents and feed items lists and reduces bandwidth use
- Details are stored on the client side so going back to the document won’t trigger a re-loading
- Folder description has been improved a lot in the history view:
In upcoming v0.8.0:
A bit more patience…
These modifications are the result of a huge code review I made during the week, in order to prepare for the future of Cyca. This code review occurred during my work on the new feature and is part of it, so I didn’t commit each modification as I got used to, although if my git skills were better, I could have.
In any case, the modifications listed above will be made available in the next release, which should occur next week.
Thanks for reading, and waiting. The v0.8.0 will be released this week !